This could be tremendously useful to anyone who assigns papers in class. It's FREE (owned by Google) and still in development, but looks to be highly functional right now. Here's the official description of what it does:
What exactly can I do with it?And, like everything else these days, Writely has a blog! And via that blog, I learned about this article about online word processors.
- Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text (or create documents from scratch).
- Use our simple WYSIWYG editor to format your documents, spell-check them, etc.
- Invite others to share your documents (by e-mail address).
- Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
- View your documents' revision history and roll back to any version.
- Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
- Download documents to your desktop as Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF*, HTML or zip.
- Post your documents to your blog.